After Atari had teased us with the pictures of the crowd sourced gaming console ‘Ataribox’, gamers have been eager to hear more. First glimpse the company gave to it’s fans was of a ribbed black body with red design. However, Atari has now given us a glimpse of the brand new design which is a tribute to the look of the original Atari from 1977 and showcases a ribbed metallic gray body with wood grain design. Setting it apart from all the other existing gaming consoles, this elegantly designed machine is definitely going to turn a lot of heads.
Here is what we know about the all new Ataribox:
- The console will include both classic and new games
- There will be two designs of the Ataribox: wood edition and a black-and-red edition
- The console will consist of four USB ports, one HDMI port and one SD port
- The front panel of the console will showcase either wood or glass finish.
Atari is determined to get things right this time around and also had a message for all of it’s fans that were eagerly waiting its launch:
“We know you are hungry for more details; on specs, games, features, pricing, timing etc., We’re not teasing you intentionally; we want to get this right, so we’ve opted to share things step by step as we bring Ataribox to life, and to listen closely to Atari community feedback as we do so”
- Estimated Cost: Estimated to be between Rs 23,000-27,000
- Estimated Launch: Spring 2018